Tuesday, September 17, 2013

Whimsie Doodles

As I said earlier, I am hooked on easel cards.  Over the years, I have been decorating my kitchen in apples so I am always looking at apples.  Even if it is in a card, so I decided to make an apple easel card.

And since I didn't want just a plain apple, I used one of my textured folders and put a swirl on the apple.  Then I printed and cut out 'Apple Lizzie' by Whimsie Doodles.  The message area has two apple brads, one to keep the card in place and the other is just for looks.

The print & cut feature on my silhouette is becoming my favorite technique.  It is just so use to offset a digital stamp and then cut it.


I am going to use this card in several challenges:

Whimsie Doodles - Back to School
Silhouette Weekly Shape Challenge - Welding
QKR Stampede - Back to School
Repeat Impressions - Food
Craft Spot by Kimberly - Favorite Technique

I hope every one has a great week.  It is hard to believe that it is the middle of the week already.



Copic Markers:  B24, B26, C5, E00, E31, E33, E35, E50, E51, G28, R24, R27, RV10






8 comments:

  1. I like easel cards and apples too, this is a good combo! Beautiful card...
    Thanks for playing this week with us at QKR Stampede.
    Ardilla :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I love this. Great easel apple card and so perfect for our back to school challenge. Love the embossing and that cute girlie too. Thanks for playing at QKR Stampede and good luck. Hope to see you back friday for a new challenge. Bettina DT Member at QKR Stampede!! xx


    PS`could you please remove the double word verification please?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this. The apple shape of your card is fantastic. I also like how you embossed the apple. Is the card base a cut file? Thanks so much for sharing this cute creation with us at QKR Stampede this week.

    ~Emily T~
    QKR Stampede DT Member

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The card base is a cut file I created from an apple. Thanks so much for the kind words. I have only had my silhouette for about six months but I love it. It makes card making so easy.

      Delete
  4. Wow what a great shaped easel card,, thank you for sharing this with us at Whimsie Doodles!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Soo Adorable Sarah!! LOVE your Super Cute Apple easel card! So glad you could join us at Whimsie Doodles! 8-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. THis is adorable! Love the fun apple shaped easel card with that adorable girl! Thanks for playing at My Craft Spot!

    ReplyDelete
  7. So very cute! LOVE the shaped apple card - and the embossing adds so much! That girl is DARLING as well! Thanks for joining us at My Craft Spot this week!!!

    housesbuiltofcards@gmail.com
    www.housesbuiltofcards.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete