Thursday, April 23, 2015

Shaker Cards

Hello.  Happy Thursday.  Tomorrow is Friday and I am so looking forward to the weekend.  I am off all weekend and my husband will still be out of town so I will have the house to myself.  That means lots of playtime.

I have been stamping/paper crafting for over 20 years.   Shaker cards have been around for most of that time.  But they are so much easier now.  I remember going crazy and buying all kinds of  sequins to put on the inside.  I still have a lot of them.  I want to make more shaker cards. Lori Whitlock's shakers make them so easy.  You just cut all of the layers and glue them together.  Add the sequins and the top layer and you are good to go.

After putting the shaker together, I had to make a card.  I wanted to use blue so I could send it to some of the men on my birthday list.  I decided my birthday texture folder would make a great background.  I just love using texture folders as backgrounds.

I am going to use the card in the following challenges:
   Little Tangles - Sequins
   Suzy Bee's - Die and/or Punches
   Craftin Desert Divas - Shaker Card
   Sugar Pea Designs - Sketch #24
   City Crafters - Case #3 (shaker)
   Crafty Creations - Seeing Spots
   Seize the Birthday - Create a Background

Off to clean off my table.  Chat with you later.


8 comments:

  1. What a lovely shakercard !
    Thanks for sharing it with us and hope to see you again in our next challenge as well,
    Hugs
    Willeke
    DT Crafty Creations Challengeblog

    ReplyDelete
  2. Terrific shaker card!! Thanks so much for playing along with us at CCCB!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fun card! Love your cupcake shaker and that pretty embossed background. Thanks for joining us at Seize the Birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a CUTE shaker card Sarah!!! Have fun this weekend since you get "alone" time!!! :)

    Theresa
    Scrappers Anonymous

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a fun card. Thanks for linking up at Craftin Desert Divas!!

    Kathy
    Craftin Desert Divas Design Team
    http://3spoileddogs.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful card! Thanks for joining us over at Little Tangles Challenge Blog!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love that cupcake shaker; such a fab idea. And blue is my favorite color:).I am with you; embossing folders are a wonderful way to add texture to your card and use them as a background.Thanks so much for joining us at CCCB!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a cute shaker card! Thank you for joining us at CCCB this week!!!
    Samra DT

    ReplyDelete